Marriage License Application and Permit Information FAQs

Can you give me information about applying for my marriage license?

You can apply and pay on-line for your marriage license application at the website for the State of Hawaii.


To find information about the HAWAII MARRIAGE LICENSE and to download, pay for and pre-fill the Hawaii Marriage License application (except your signatures) to take to the agent and sign in his/her presence, Click here (


Before your wedding ceremony, be sure to make an appointment with one of the licensing agents on Kauai, listed below. This is where you must go to obtain the hard copy of your Marriage License. You will need a photo ID to present to the License Agent, such as a driver’s license or passport.





Kapaa/Wailua District:  Walter (Kamika) Smith III: 808-821-6887 and Darlene Kapana: 808-821-6882

Lihue District:  Jacqueline Garces 808-246-5025

Governor's Liaison Office: Carrice Gardner 808 274 3100 

Hanalei/Princeville District: Dayna Santos and Jamie Listman of Styles Salon – 808-378-4290 

Koloa District:   Ellen O'Connell, of The Wine Shop – 10am-7pm  808-742-7305


Important! You must bring this license with you to your wedding ceremony!

  • Do I need a permit to have my wedding on the beach?:

Yes, you do. I can obtain that permit for you, am authorized by the State of Hawaii, have the required insurance and can fill out all the paperwork for you. There is a small fee associated with providing the permit, and of course all the rules must be followed. Some of the rules include no flower arches or other structures on the beach, no alcohol, chairs are limited to those for the elderly or infirm, and no amplified music.